
Good evening!
As I sit here, it is quite peaceful. Owen is all tucked in. The house is decorated for Christmas, the stockings are hung, the tree is up and it smells wonderful. The snow continues to fall, as it has been all day. When you have nowhere to go the snow is great. I've been very excited for the first snowfall. There is nothing more peaceful and relaxing than a gentle snowfall at night when all is calm and silent. (and you are all warm and cozy inside) I really do love this time of year and have been looking forward to it. I am excited this year as Owen is getting to the point where he understands more of what is going on. It is so much fun to see him in awe of Christmas lights and he loves to point them all out when we are driving. We decorated the tree on Sunday and he loved the tree lights as well...Having a 2 1/2 year old around certainly puts things in perspective--- Owen reminds me of the joy in simple things at this time of year.... twinkling lights everywhere you turn, the first snowfall (and eating snow too!), new snow boots, the daily tiny piece of chocolate in the advent calendar, decorating the gingerbread house (and eating the candy that is supposed to go on it), the magic of Santa, and a pretty Christmas tree with lots of lights! It is so much fun to see his eyes light up and watch him enjoy all of these things. This year, for some reason, Owen has really reminded me of my childhood and all of the joy and magic this time of year can bring. May yours be full of joy and magic as well!
The only outdoor decor we did

Our tree
Owen's decorating

1 comment:
What a great post! I love your perspective, and I can already feel your holiday cheer rubbing off on me! Thanks!
Post a Comment