Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Beauty of This Earth

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies;
For the love which from our birth,
Over and around us lies;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

For the wonder of each hour,
Of the day and of the night;
Hill and vale and tree and flow'r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light;
Lord of all, to Thee we raise
This, our hymn of grateful praise.

~Folliott S. Pierpoint













* My mom is a splendid gardener. So, as you can see, I had way too much fun photographing it.  Her butterfly bush was stunning--the monarch butterflies were dancing among the flowers.  I don't know if I quite captured the grass how I wanted.  In person, it glimmered like silver in the sunlight.  
I also had some fun playing with textures. But I had to leave some pictures only slightly edited to show off their pure, natural beauty.  Like I said once before, there is beauty all around is......oh how fun it is to capture!

7 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Great great shot - I really love the texture.

carol said...

LOVE that texture! Really, those pictures are amazing:)

Buckeroomama said...

These are all stunning!! You really got some beautiful shots. :)

Gina happy mom of 4 said...

Beautiful as usual!

Buckeroomama said...

You just won my training chopsticks giveaway! Please email me with your mailing address and me know which design you'd want.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This is one Ozark Farm chick who knows that His beauty is all around us.

I just wanted pop over and congratulate you on your fun win over at Buckeroomama's place. Woohoo!!!

From the sunny hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!! :o)

BTW: The photos are amazing....I want lessons!!!

Jennifer Foster said...

I love them! and my Mom is the same way- an excellent gardener, Me on the other hand, have "brown thumbs" ha ha